Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Trade

Well, it happened.

The Atlanta Thrashers traded Ilya Kovalchuk to the New Jersey Devils.
I've watched Kovy play for years and the loss will hurt Atlanta deeply.

I wont even write about how one-sided the trade was-I'm now immune to the Thrashers making dumb decisions, trade after trade(Coburn,Heatley,Hossa) they seem to always get rid of good-to-great players. But I really can't disagree with the decision to trade, as he had already turned down a 10 year $102 million deal, and also a 7 year deal making $10 million dollars a year. Anytime you pay one player more than 1/6 of your salary cap, it is a bad decision. And to keep the young talent that they do have, Atlanta just can't deal with his demands.

The biggest question is what the Thrashers will do now. I can't see anyone actually wanting to come play for them now without a real star player, and I just hope that they can ice a good enough team next year to pull themselves out of relocation possibilities.

1 comment: